Connect with us

Latest News

Iran’s Zarif meets Taliban, calls for inclusive government

Published

on

During talks with a visiting Taliban delegation, Iran’s Foreign Minister Javad Zarif on Sunday called for the formation of an inclusive government in Afghanistan.

Iran’s foreign ministry said in a press release after the meeting between the Taliban delegation, led by the group’s deputy leader Mullah Ghani Baradar, and Zarif that Iran’s foreign minister welcomed the idea of the formation of an “all-inclusive government with the participation of all ethnic and political groups in Afghanistan.”

“Political decisions could not be made in a vacuum, and the formation of an all-inclusive government must take place in a participatory process and by taking into account the fundamental structures, institutions and laws, such as the Constitution,” Zarif said.

Zarif also expressed Iran’s readiness to facilitate dialogue between the Afghan government, the Taliban and other Afghan groups.

He said: “The noble people of Afghanistan have been wronged. The war and occupation of Afghanistan have dealt heavy blows to the Afghan people.”

Zarif was quoted in the statement as having expressed hope that the Taliban would focus efforts on an immediate end to the pains and problems of Afghan people, so that the establishment of peace in Afghanistan “would strip the outsiders of a pretext for occupation”.

Meanwhile the statement noted that Baradar said in the meeting that he “denounced the destructive role of ISIS (Daesh) in Afghanistan.”

He did however express “satisfaction with the process of intra-Afghan talks, and described the formation of an all-inclusive government with the participation of all ethnic and political groups as a necessary condition for the establishment of peace in Afghanistan.”

The Taliban delegation arrived in Tehran on Tuesday at the invitation of Iran for talks with Iranian officials.

On Wednesday, they held talks with Ali Shamkhani, the secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, during which Shamkhani accused the United States of “creating a deadlock” in the intra-Afghan peace talks.

Iran’s top security official called for the “involvement of all Afghan groups” to determine the fate of their country, saying Tehran will “not recognize” any group that seeks to “seize power through war”.

The visit of the Taliban delegation to Iran comes amid a second round of intra-Afghan talks in Doha. The talks resumed earlier this month but have failed to make any headway, even as violence peaks in Afghanistan.

Latest News

Indian and Serbian officials attend August 15 event at Afghan Embassy in Delhi

Published

on

The Afghan Embassy in New Delhi on Monday held a ceremony to mark the fifth anniversary of the Islamic Emirate’s return to power. A number of foreign diplomats, including representatives of India, the host country, and Serbia, the only European country represented at the event, attended the ceremony.

Representatives from Palestine, Russia, China, Eritrea, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Niger, Qatar and Oman were also present.

Noor Ahmad Noor, Afghanistan’s Chargé d’Affaires in India, stressed the importance of strengthening ties between Kabul and New Delhi, saying, “We believe that stronger political trust, economic partnership and continued engagement between Afghanistan and India will not only benefit both countries, but will also make an important contribution to regional stability, connectivity, and shared prosperity.”

Noor said Afghanistan seeks deeper economic relations with India, adding that its foreign policy is based on “balanced engagement and non-interference” and that Kabul seeks “positive, constructive, pragmatic and sustainable” relations with all countries.

He said diplomatic contacts between Afghanistan and India have expanded in recent years, with embassies and consulates becoming more active and high-level delegations from both sides visiting each other’s capitals.

Referring to the historical ties between the two countries, Noor said, “The ancient cities of Afghanistan, such as Kabul, Herat and Kandahar, welcomed Indian traders and caravans, while Indian cities such as Delhi and Lahore benefited from the influence of Afghan scholars, poets and Sufis.”

He added, “This is our shared past, from which we draw inspiration for a better future.”

Noor also called on India to support Afghanistan’s rights at international forums. “We also appreciate their emphasis at international forums on the need to ensure Afghanistan’s legitimate international rights. We hope that greater attention and practical efforts will be made in this regard,” he said.

The Afghan diplomat said Afghanistan’s stability was important for the wider region. “We believe that Afghanistan’s stability is not only a success for Afghans; it is also an important opportunity for economic growth, trade, energy, transit and security across the entire region,” he said.

Anand Prakash, Joint Secretary in charge of the Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran division at India’s Ministry of External Affairs, also attended the event.

India has not formally recognised the Islamic Emirate, but diplomatic contacts and engagement between the two sides have increased in recent years.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Blast at Kabul school injures at least 52

Published

on

An explosion at a school in Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul, on Monday injured at least 52 people, according to sources.

The blast, caused by a hand grenade, occurred at around 4:55 p.m. at Sham-e Hedayat Private School in Mahdiya Township, located in Kabul’s 18th security district.

According to sources, the grenade was in the hands of a student when it exploded.

 

Continue Reading

Latest News

Juma Khan Fateh surrenders to IEA forces in Badakhshan

According to the sources, Fateh’s remaining associates are expected to be disarmed, while IEA forces are set to establish full control over the area.

Published

on

Juma Khan Fateh and his forces have surrendered to the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) in Nusay district of Badakhshan province following several days of pressure and encirclement, security sources told Ariana News.

Sources said increasing pressure on Fateh’s group left them with no option but to surrender. Fateh and his fighters reportedly laid down their weapons at positions held by IEA forces in Nusay.

Qari Fasihuddin Fitrat, the IEA’s Army Chief of Staff, had travelled to Nusay to oversee the situation and the operation against Fateh’s group.

According to the sources, Fateh’s remaining associates are expected to be disarmed, while IEA forces are set to establish full control over the area.

The reported surrender marks the latest development in the security situation in Nusay, although further details about the terms of the surrender and the number of fighters involved were not immediately available.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Ariana News. All rights reserved!