Connect with us

Latest News

U.N. rights envoy calls for probe into deadly strike on Kabul drug rehab hospital

Published

on

Richard Bennett, the U.N. special rapporteur on human rights in Afghanistan, has called for a full and independent investigation into the March 16 attack on the Omid Drug Rehabilitation Hospital in Kabul.

In a post on X, Bennett said the attack, which he said was carried out by Pakistan, resulted in the deaths of more than 269 civilians, according to figures verified by United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan.

“The 16/3 attack by Pakistan on Omid Drug Rehab Hospital in Kabul where UNAMA verified 269+ civilians killed demands a full, independent investigation,” Bennett wrote.

He added that deliberate attacks targeting civilians or civilian facilities could amount to war crimes under international law.

Bennett also urged the IEA authorities to ensure the safety and protection of patients and civilians in medical and rehabilitation facilities across Afghanistan.

Latest News

Syria and Saudi Arabia condemn Kabul bombing, express solidarity with Afghanistan

Riyadh also expressed hope that the Afghan people would enjoy lasting security, peace and stability.

Published

on

Syria and Saudi Arabia have strongly condemned a bombing at an educational centre in Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul, which injured dozens of people, including children.

Syria’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates said in a statement on Friday that Damascus stands in full solidarity with Afghanistan, its government and people, and wished those injured a speedy recovery.

The explosion occurred on Monday in Kabul’s Dasht-e-Barchi neighborhood.

At least 52 children between the ages of 10 and 14 were injured in the incident.

Saudi Arabia also strongly condemned the bombing, with the Kingdom’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs reiterating its complete rejection of all forms of violence, extremism and terrorism.

The ministry expressed Saudi Arabia’s solidarity with Afghanistan and its people following the blast and wished the injured a speedy recovery.

Riyadh also expressed hope that the Afghan people would enjoy lasting security, peace and stability.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Sirajuddin Haqqani travels to Bamyan after Panjshir visit

Published

on

Sirajuddin Haqqani, the Minister of Interior Affairs, traveled to Bamyan province on Friday after visiting Panjshir and met with officials and a number of tribal elders who had come from various districts of the province.

Abdul Mateen Qani, spokesperson for the Ministry of Interior Affairs, said Haqqani described Afghanistan’s current security and stability as a major national asset and said that Afghanistan is the common home of all Afghans.

According to Qani, the Interior Minister added that divisions based on ethnicity, region and language were the result of hostile foreign efforts. However, he said Afghans are now moving toward strengthening unity, brotherhood and solidarity under a single system, and that maintaining the country’s security and stability is a shared responsibility of the government and the people.

Haqqani also held a separate meeting with Bamyan’s tribal elders and influential figures, listened to their views, suggestions and requests, and issued necessary instructions to the relevant officials to follow up on and resolve the issues raised.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Bulgaria detains 35 Afghan migrants in passenger vehicle

Published

on

Bulgaria’s state news agency BTA has reported that border police in the Malko Tarnovo area arrested 35 undocumented migrants, all Afghan nationals, from a passenger vehicle.

Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry said the migrants were arrested on August 18.

According to officials, the 22-year-old driver of the vehicle, who is a resident of North Macedonia, was also arrested by police.

The report said Bulgarian police operations against illegal migration have expanded in recent months.

Earlier in August, 20 undocumented migrants and their driver were also arrested in the area of the Ropotamo River, near the city of Burgas.

Previously, in mid-June, 32 migrants and a guide accompanying them were arrested in the Poda area, near Burgas.

Bulgarian border police said that under new regulations, undocumented migrants apprehended at the country’s external borders are held in special facilities for up to seven days before being transferred to migrant detention centers.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Ariana News. All rights reserved!