Connect with us

Sport

FIFA unveils 2026 World Cup logo and branding in Los Angeles

Published

on

FIFA officially unveiled its logo and branding for the 2026 World Cup on Wednesday, along with the slogan “WE ARE 26”, at a star-studded event in Los Angeles.

For the first time in history, an image of the actual trophy and the tournament hosting year is being depicted, forming an innovative design language that anchors the FIFA World Cup emblem for 2026 and beyond. 

The image of the trophy and the year allow for customization to reflect the uniqueness of each host, while building an identifiable brand structure for years to come, FIFA said in a statement.

The launch event meanwhile brought together host countries Canada, Mexico, and the USA, as well as football legends and celebrities. 

The emblem was presented by FIFA President Gianni Infantino and Ronaldo, two-time FIFA World Cup winner with Brazil.

The launch also introduced WE ARE 26, a campaign that empowers people, places and communities to play an integral role in launching the FIFA World Cup 26 Official Brand. 

“WE ARE 26 is a rallying cry,” said FIFA President Gianni Infantino. “It’s a moment when three countries and an entire continent collectively say: ‘We are united as one to welcome the world and deliver the biggest, best and most inclusive FIFA World Cup ever’. The tournament will enable each host country and participating team to write their own page in the history books of FIFA World Cups, and this unique brand is a major step on that road to 2026,” he said.

The logo is simple in its design, with the World Cup trophy superimposed on a white number 26 with the “2” stacked on top of the “6”. Color will eventually be added by the individual brands of the 16 host cities, 11 in the United States, two in Canada and three in Mexico. The city versions of the logo will be revealed on Thursday.

Numerous soccer luminaries were in attendance, including World Cup winners Ronaldo, Carli Lloyd, Christen Press, Tobin Heath and Youri Djorkaeff. 

Sport

Afghanistan crowned champions of five-match ODI series against Ireland

Published

on

Afghanistan’s national cricket team defeated Ireland by six wickets in the fifth and final match of the ODI series, securing victory and clinching the five-match series.

Afghanistan won the toss in the final match and elected to bowl first.

Rahmat Shah scored 143 runs off 133 balls, while Sediqullah Atal scored 98 runs off 112 balls.

Ireland set Afghanistan a target of 300 runs after scoring 299 for seven in 50 overs. Afghanistan chased down the target in 48.5 overs, losing four wickets.

Afghanistan had already won three other matches in the series, while the first match was abandoned due to rain.

For cricket fans across Afghanistan, Ariana Television Network (ATN) broadcast the five-match ODI series live.

Continue Reading

Sport

Afghanistan clinch Ireland series with record ODI score

The victory gives Afghanistan an unassailable 3-0 lead in the series.

Published

on

Afghanistan sealed the five-match ODI series against Ireland with a game to spare after posting their highest-ever ODI total and beating the hosts by 42 runs in Belfast on Wednesday.

Batting first after Ireland won the toss, Afghanistan posted their highest-ever ODI total of 343 for nine in 50 overs. The innings was built around a brilliant 231-run partnership between Sediqullah Atal and Ibrahim Zadran.

Atal produced the standout performance, smashing a career-best 143 from 120 balls, including 17 fours and four sixes. Zadran followed with 107 off 118 balls, hitting 11 fours and a six. Their partnership laid the foundation for Afghanistan’s record total.

Ireland faced a difficult chase but received a strong response from Andrew Balbirnie, who scored 109. Curtis Campher also kept the hosts’ hopes alive with an aggressive 84 from just 46 balls. However, Afghanistan’s bowlers maintained control and bowled Ireland out for 301 in 48 overs.

Yamin Ahmadzai was Afghanistan’s leading bowler with four wickets for 71 runs, while Rashid Khan continued his impressive series with three wickets for 49 runs. Rashid has now taken 12 wickets in the series.

The victory gives Afghanistan an unassailable 3-0 lead in the series. The opening ODI was washed out, while Afghanistan won the second match by 92 runs and the third by three wickets.

The fifth and final ODI will be played at Stormont on Saturday.

Fans can watch the match live and exclusively in Afghanistan on Ariana Television.

Continue Reading

Sport

Shamshad Eagles beat Speenghar Warriors by six wickets

Published

on

Shamshad Eagles defeated Speenghar Warriors by six wickets in the sixth match of the Kabul Premier League at the Ayoubi Cricket Ground in Kabul on Tuesday.

Speenghar Warriors, who won the toss and elected to bat first, posted their total, of 143, before Shamshad Eagles produced a confident chase.

The Eagles reached the target with four balls remaining, securing a six-wicket victory and moving strongly in the Kabul Premier League standings.

Mohammad Shahzad was the standout performer for Shamshad Eagles and was named Player of the Match for his contribution to the Eagles’ successful run chase.

The result gives Shamshad Eagles valuable points as the tournament continues in Kabul.

The Kabul Premier League features six teams, with the tournament providing a platform for Afghanistan’s domestic players to showcase their talent.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Ariana News. All rights reserved!