Connect with us

Latest News

Over 2.6 million Afghans return home with nothing to rebuild lives: IFRC

Published

on

The International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), citing data from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), reports that over 2.6 million migrants have returned to Afghanistan from Iran and Pakistan, with nothing to rebuild their lives.

The organization, highlighting the growing number of returnees, stated that only 10 percent of the required funding has been secured so far.

“If the international community doesn’t step up now, communities in Afghanistan will be overwhelmed by the sheer number of people returning,” said Sami Fakhouri, Head of Delegation, IFRC Afghanistan.

“We’re already having to make tough choices, like whether we have enough funding to continue providing even the most basic support, such as food at the borders for those returning. Right now, only 10 percent of the required funding has been secured,” added Fakhouri.

According to the IFRC, only 10 percent of the funding needed to respond to this crisis has been secured. Without immediate action from the international community, additional pressure will be placed on host communities within Afghanistan.

“As millions return to Afghanistan with almost nothing—no homes, no jobs, and no safety net—this is not only a humanitarian emergency but also a test of our long-term commitment to invest in programmes like Marastoon,” Fakhouri stated.

Meanwhile, officials from the Islamic Emirate have said that state-owned companies and the private sector are working to create job opportunities for the returnees.

“We call on Emirati companies and the private sector to make efforts to give priority to all young people — especially the youth returning from migration — and to create job opportunities and employment for them,” said Abdul Salam Hanafi, Deputy Prime Minister for Administrative Affairs.

This comes as more than 2,300 Afghan migrant families have returned from Iran and Pakistan to Afghanistan in the past 24 hours.

The High Commission for Addressing the Problems of Migrants announced that after registration and biometric processing, returnees were given cash assistance and SIM cards, and the necessary steps were taken to facilitate their transport to their respective provinces.

Latest News

Blast at Kabul school injures at least 52

Published

on

An explosion at a school in Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul, on Monday injured at least 52 people, according to sources.

The blast, caused by a hand grenade, occurred at around 4:55 p.m. at Sham-e Hedayat Private School in Mahdiya Township, located in Kabul’s 18th security district.

According to sources, the grenade was in the hands of a student when it exploded.

 

Continue Reading

Latest News

Juma Khan Fateh surrenders to IEA forces in Badakhshan

According to the sources, Fateh’s remaining associates are expected to be disarmed, while IEA forces are set to establish full control over the area.

Published

on

Juma Khan Fateh and his forces have surrendered to the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) in Nusay district of Badakhshan province following several days of pressure and encirclement, security sources told Ariana News.

Sources said increasing pressure on Fateh’s group left them with no option but to surrender. Fateh and his fighters reportedly laid down their weapons at positions held by IEA forces in Nusay.

Qari Fasihuddin Fitrat, the IEA’s Army Chief of Staff, had travelled to Nusay to oversee the situation and the operation against Fateh’s group.

According to the sources, Fateh’s remaining associates are expected to be disarmed, while IEA forces are set to establish full control over the area.

The reported surrender marks the latest development in the security situation in Nusay, although further details about the terms of the surrender and the number of fighters involved were not immediately available.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Afghanistan Supreme Court says rights of almost 119,000 women addressed over five years

The courts also handled 8,904 cases related to women’s maintenance and other associated rights, according to Hamza.

Published

on

Afghanistan’s Supreme Court says the country’s courts have addressed the legal and Sharia-based rights of 118,869 women over the past five years.

Mansoor Ahmad Hamza, deputy spokesman for the Supreme Court, said the cases covered a range of issues, including inheritance, property, maintenance, documentation and other legal matters.

Hamza said courts handled 12,976 cases involving women’s inheritance and property rights during the five-year period. Another 9,021 inheritance-related cases were registered for information gathering and review.

He added that 18,750 cases involving the registration, verification and certification of women’s property and related documents were addressed, while 22,703 cases concerned the processing of inheritance and property documents.

The courts also handled 8,904 cases related to women’s maintenance and other associated rights, according to Hamza.

He said inheritance, property, dowry, maintenance and other rights granted to women under Islamic Sharia are recognized as established rights, and that courts are required to examine such cases carefully and impartially in accordance with Sharia and applicable laws.

Hamza added that judicial proceedings involving women’s rights will continue, with the aim of ensuring that eligible individuals receive their legal and religious rights and preventing those rights from being denied or lost.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Ariana News. All rights reserved!