Connect with us

Latest News

NATO now needs to deal with Kabul through diplomacy: Mujahid

Published

on

Last Updated on: October 12, 2021

The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) says that the time for power displays by NATO is over and that the organization now needs to make statements regarding Afghanistan in accordance with good diplomatic principles.

In an exclusive interview with Ariana News this week, Zabihullah Mujahid, Deputy Minister of Information and Culture and spokesman for the Islamic Emirate, said NATO’s efforts in Afghanistan were a failure and that all future contact should be through diplomacy.

“The NATO Secretary General, for a while, may feel his pain and talk about their failures, but they should know that the time for attacks is over; it was proven twenty years ago that these actions did not work and should be dealt with through diplomacy,” said Mujahid.

This comes after NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg said last week that NATO must stay vigilant in tracking the developments in Afghanistan.

“The main task now is to do whatever we can to preserve as much as possible of the achievements we made on terrorism,” he said.

“That means to hold the Taliban (IEA) government accountable for their promises on terrorism, … but also to be ready to strike over the horizon, long distance, and to stay vigilant as NATO allies, to follow and monitor closely any attempt to reconstitute international terrorist groups in Afghanistan aiming at us.”

But Mujahid said in an interview with Ariana News, broadcast on Monday night, that the Islamic Emirate will never allow Afghanistan to be used as a center for proxy wars between world powers, including China and the United States.

Regarding the international community’s demand for women to be given the right to education and work, Mujahid said that the Islamic Emirate will consider giving women the right to education and work but first need to discuss this with Islamic scholars.

“There is a need in society; women also need jobs, for the implementation, the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan has shared the issue with Islamic Ulema, so that the issue can be discussed,” Mujahid said.

For more than two decades, Pakistan has been accused of interfering in Afghanistan’s internal affairs but Mujahid said Afghanistan is an independent country and that Pakistan does not have the right to interfere in the country’s internal affairs.

“I have to say 100% that we do not want anyone to interfere, including Pakistan. We are an independent country. We do not accept these interventions. Pakistan is a separate country. We do not want to interfere in their affairs and they cannot interfere (in Afghanistan’s affairs),” Mujahid said.

Regarding the dire economic situation, Mujahid said the IEA is working day and night to resolve the problem. He said an promising agreement was reached with Iran last week on exports of fuel and food as well as rail and border security, among other issues.

He said talks were also being held with other regional countries including Uzbekistan and acknowledged Pakistan for their support, particularly in trade.

To watch the full interview – with English subtitles – CLICK HERE

Latest News

Juma Khan Fateh surrenders to IEA forces in Badakhshan

According to the sources, Fateh’s remaining associates are expected to be disarmed, while IEA forces are set to establish full control over the area.

Published

on

Juma Khan Fateh and his forces have surrendered to the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) in Nusay district of Badakhshan province following several days of pressure and encirclement, security sources told Ariana News.

Sources said increasing pressure on Fateh’s group left them with no option but to surrender. Fateh and his fighters reportedly laid down their weapons at positions held by IEA forces in Nusay.

Qari Fasihuddin Fitrat, the IEA’s Army Chief of Staff, had travelled to Nusay to oversee the situation and the operation against Fateh’s group.

According to the sources, Fateh’s remaining associates are expected to be disarmed, while IEA forces are set to establish full control over the area.

The reported surrender marks the latest development in the security situation in Nusay, although further details about the terms of the surrender and the number of fighters involved were not immediately available.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Afghanistan Supreme Court says rights of almost 119,000 women addressed over five years

The courts also handled 8,904 cases related to women’s maintenance and other associated rights, according to Hamza.

Published

on

Afghanistan’s Supreme Court says the country’s courts have addressed the legal and Sharia-based rights of 118,869 women over the past five years.

Mansoor Ahmad Hamza, deputy spokesman for the Supreme Court, said the cases covered a range of issues, including inheritance, property, maintenance, documentation and other legal matters.

Hamza said courts handled 12,976 cases involving women’s inheritance and property rights during the five-year period. Another 9,021 inheritance-related cases were registered for information gathering and review.

He added that 18,750 cases involving the registration, verification and certification of women’s property and related documents were addressed, while 22,703 cases concerned the processing of inheritance and property documents.

The courts also handled 8,904 cases related to women’s maintenance and other associated rights, according to Hamza.

He said inheritance, property, dowry, maintenance and other rights granted to women under Islamic Sharia are recognized as established rights, and that courts are required to examine such cases carefully and impartially in accordance with Sharia and applicable laws.

Hamza added that judicial proceedings involving women’s rights will continue, with the aim of ensuring that eligible individuals receive their legal and religious rights and preventing those rights from being denied or lost.

Continue Reading

Latest News

China’s special envoy for Afghanistan visits Türkiye, Pakistan and Afghanistan

According to China’s Foreign Ministry, Yue held consultations in Türkiye with Cihad Erginay, Director General for South Asia at the Turkish Foreign Ministry, discussing issues of mutual interest.

Published

on

China’s Special Envoy for Afghanistan Affairs Yue Xiaoyong visited Türkiye, Pakistan and Afghanistan from July 30 to August 8, 2026, as Beijing continues diplomatic engagement on regional issues.

According to China’s Foreign Ministry, Yue held consultations in Türkiye with Cihad Erginay, Director General for South Asia at the Turkish Foreign Ministry, discussing issues of mutual interest.

During his visits to Pakistan and Afghanistan, Yue also held talks with officials from both countries on ways to improve and develop relations between Kabul and Islamabad.

China did not provide further details about the discussions.

The visit comes as relations between Afghanistan and Pakistan remain strained by ongoing security and political tensions, with both sides facing challenges in their bilateral ties.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Ariana News. All rights reserved!