Latest News
Taliban launch attack on Kunduz district center, reinforcements arrive
Esmatullah Moradi, the spokesman for the governor of Kunduz, confirmed Monday morning that the Taliban launched an attack on Dasht-e-Archi district center on Sunday night and that clashes are still ongoing.
Moradi said so far at least three security force members have been killed and eight Taliban insurgents are dead. He also said at least eight security forces have been wounded as well as 13 Taliban insurgents.
Moradi said the Taliban was however met with heavy resistance by the Afghan security forces both from the air and on the ground.
Clashes are still ongoing in the district center, he said.
Earlier, Yousof Ayoubi, the provincial council head, said the Taliban had captured the district after troops were forced to retreat.
But other officials soon dispelled this claim and said clashes continue, particularly around the district government and police compound buildings.
The ministry of interior confirmed late Monday morning that the district is under the control of security forces. “Security forces, including commandos, are currently present at the district headquarters,” the MoI said.
Additional commandos have arrived in Dasht-e-Archi & are “widely present” says MoD. Sporadic fighting continues in some areas around the district center. Areas will be cleared of Taliban soon, MoD said.
Latest News
Azerbaijan sees strong prospects for cooperation with Afghanistan
Latest News
Qatari ambassador pledges support for restoring Afghanistan’s historical archives
Latest News
Afghan authorities warn companies over work visa fraud
Afghanistan’s Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs says it has summoned representatives of travel agencies over allegations of illegally issuing work visas to Turkey and other countries through black market networks.
According to the ministry, company officials were asked to provide written commitments stating that they would no longer collect money from people under the pretext of obtaining work visas and would fully cooperate with authorities in investigating public complaints.
The ministry also warned the companies against engaging in any illegal activities related to overseas employment visas and said action would be taken against violators.
At the same time, citizens were urged not to fall victim to fraud or false promises and to avoid handing over money or personal documents to unauthorized individuals or companies claiming to arrange foreign work visas.
-
Regional3 days agoRevised Iranian proposal to end war shared with US, Pakistani source says
-
Latest News4 days agoAfghanistan, China discuss Wakhan Corridor cooperation and future infrastructure projects
-
Sport4 days agoCanada aim for historic first World Cup win on home soil in 2026
-
Regional4 days agoPakistan deploys jet squadron, thousands of troops to Saudi Arabia during Iran war
-
Health4 days agoAfghanistan launches second nationwide polio vaccination campaign of 2026
-
Sport3 days agoMexico City Stadium to host opening match of FIFA World Cup 2026
-
World4 days agoChina to buy at least $17 billion in US agricultural products annually, White House says
-
Business4 days ago$2 million rice processing factory project launched in Baghlan province
