Connect with us

Latest News

New plan in place for issuing Electronic identity cards

Published

on

Last Updated on: October 25, 2022

vlcsnap-2015-12-20-17h06m41s86

General head of the National Electronic Identity cards has stated that any delays on issuing the electronic National identity cards will deteriorate the following process, saying new plan with draft for better identification of persons through bio metric has been sent for the Government approval.

He also mentioned that if the Government of Afghanistan doesn’t implement the following plan for issuing the National electronic identity, it will be hard to have the International community financial supports.

General head of the National Electronic Identity cards Humayon Mutaat said,” i have clearly presented my suggestions, the third part of our duty would to register Afghan citizens which should begin,half Afghans who have registered should be bio metric, there is also fears that we will lose our staffs if the Government doesn’t support.”

Issuing the National electronic identity cards has been one of the commitments of the National unity Government since it has been established, different problems has stopped the following project to be implemented in past one year.

If Afghanistan president doesn’t accept our suggestion, the following National process will face a serious challenge, though we have lost 40 regional mobile teams from the provinces General head of the National electronic identity cards Humayon Mutaat has warned.

The following process was estimated to be issued for coming 3 years, it seems that current challenges will delay for even 5 years to be implemented in the country.

Reported by Rafi Sediqee

Advertisement

Latest News

Afghanistan seizes large cache of weapons at Torkham

Published

on

Authorities in Nangarhar say the provincial Intelligence Directorate has intercepted a large cache of weapons and ammunition concealed inside a vehicle carrying returnees from Pakistan at the Torkham crossing.

According to Ghulam Rahman Haidari, the deputy governor of Nangarhar, intelligence forces recovered 525 weapons along with thousands of rounds of ammunition. He said the weapons had been “skillfully hidden” in different compartments of the vehicle.

Two individuals have been detained in connection with the discovery.

The seized cache includes 497 pistols, one Kalashnikov, 10 M4 rifles, and 17 ‘Titko’-type weapons, Haidari said.

The deputy governor described the incident as the work of “certain malicious groups” and emphasized that security forces will not allow the stability of the province to be undermined.

He added that, moving forward, no Pakistani vehicle will be permitted to travel beyond the Omari camp checkpoint, and returnees will be transported to their home areas by the Islamic Emirate at its own expense.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Afghanistan vows retaliation after Pakistan launches air strikes

Published

on

The Ministry of National Defense of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan said on Sunday that the Pakistani military once again violated Afghanistan’s airspace by carrying out airstrikes in Nangarhar and Paktika provinces.

In a statement, the Ministry said the strikes targeted a religious madrasa and several civilian homes, resulting in civilian casualties, including women and children.

The Ministry “strongly condemned” the airstrikes, calling them a clear breach of Afghanistan’s national sovereignty, as well as a violation of international law, Islamic principles, and the norms of neighborly relations.

The statement reaffirmed that safeguarding the country’s sovereignty and protecting its population are both religious obligations and national duties of Afghanistan’s defense forces. It warned that a “measured and appropriate response” would be taken at a suitable time.

The ministry also argued that attacks on civilian areas and religious institutions demonstrate what they described as failures in Pakistan’s intelligence and security apparatus, adding that such actions cannot conceal Islamabad’s internal shortcomings.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Over 365 women-related cases resolved in past month: Virtue Ministry

Published

on

The Ministry for the Propagation of Virtue and Prevention of Vice (MPVPV) said in a statement that over the past month, it has handled 368 cases related to women’s religious rights.

According to the statement, the ministry also arrested 30 alleged sorcerers, resolved 175 cases of disputes and conflicts, held 743 meetings with traders, and conducted 1,304 reformative sessions with religious scholars and various segments of society.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2025 Ariana News. All rights reserved!