Connect with us

Latest News

Qatar’s Prime Minister calls for incentive-based engagement with Afghanistan

Published

on

Qatar’s Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al-Thani, has urged the international community to adopt an incentive-based approach rather than punitive measures in dealing with Afghanistan under the Islamic Emirate rule.

Speaking at the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) in New York City on Wednesday, Sheikh Mohammed acknowledged that while Afghanistan’s transition since the Islamic Emirate takeover did not unfold smoothly, the situation was also “not as bad as expected and we know that there are a lot of challenges over there.”

The Qatari leader emphasized the existence of differing perspectives within Afghanistan’s leadership, with some focusing on restrictions and others wanting normal relationship with the international community.

“And I believe that what will prevail at the end the ones who wants to build a state that has a normal relationship with the international community.”

Sheikh Mohammed called on the global community to rethink its strategy toward Kabul, suggesting that positive reinforcement could yield better results than isolation or sanctions.

“Efforts to change the situation in Afghanistan should be carried out in an incentivizing way instead of a penalizing way,” he said. “Instead of saying, ‘Because you are doing this, I will sanction you,’ the approach should be, ‘If you do this, I will reward you for that.’ So I think that this mindset needs to be changed by the international community then we can get maybe Afghanistan in the right track.”

Qatar has played a key diplomatic role in Afghanistan for years, hosting talks between the Islamic Emirate and the United States that led to the 2020 Doha Agreement. Since the Islamic Emirate’s return to power in 2021, Doha has maintained open channels with the Islamic Emirate while advocating for international engagement to encourage moderation and stability in the country.

The Islamic Emirate has not yet commented on the Qatari PM’s recent remarks. It has previously emphasised that it remains united and seeks normal relations with the world.

 

Latest News

Blast at Kabul school injures at least 52

Published

on

An explosion at a school in Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul, on Monday injured at least 52 people, according to sources.

The blast, caused by a hand grenade, occurred at around 4:55 p.m. at Sham-e Hedayat Private School in Mahdiya Township, located in Kabul’s 18th security district.

According to sources, the grenade was in the hands of a student when it exploded.

 

Continue Reading

Latest News

Juma Khan Fateh surrenders to IEA forces in Badakhshan

According to the sources, Fateh’s remaining associates are expected to be disarmed, while IEA forces are set to establish full control over the area.

Published

on

Juma Khan Fateh and his forces have surrendered to the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) in Nusay district of Badakhshan province following several days of pressure and encirclement, security sources told Ariana News.

Sources said increasing pressure on Fateh’s group left them with no option but to surrender. Fateh and his fighters reportedly laid down their weapons at positions held by IEA forces in Nusay.

Qari Fasihuddin Fitrat, the IEA’s Army Chief of Staff, had travelled to Nusay to oversee the situation and the operation against Fateh’s group.

According to the sources, Fateh’s remaining associates are expected to be disarmed, while IEA forces are set to establish full control over the area.

The reported surrender marks the latest development in the security situation in Nusay, although further details about the terms of the surrender and the number of fighters involved were not immediately available.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Afghanistan Supreme Court says rights of almost 119,000 women addressed over five years

The courts also handled 8,904 cases related to women’s maintenance and other associated rights, according to Hamza.

Published

on

Afghanistan’s Supreme Court says the country’s courts have addressed the legal and Sharia-based rights of 118,869 women over the past five years.

Mansoor Ahmad Hamza, deputy spokesman for the Supreme Court, said the cases covered a range of issues, including inheritance, property, maintenance, documentation and other legal matters.

Hamza said courts handled 12,976 cases involving women’s inheritance and property rights during the five-year period. Another 9,021 inheritance-related cases were registered for information gathering and review.

He added that 18,750 cases involving the registration, verification and certification of women’s property and related documents were addressed, while 22,703 cases concerned the processing of inheritance and property documents.

The courts also handled 8,904 cases related to women’s maintenance and other associated rights, according to Hamza.

He said inheritance, property, dowry, maintenance and other rights granted to women under Islamic Sharia are recognized as established rights, and that courts are required to examine such cases carefully and impartially in accordance with Sharia and applicable laws.

Hamza added that judicial proceedings involving women’s rights will continue, with the aim of ensuring that eligible individuals receive their legal and religious rights and preventing those rights from being denied or lost.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Ariana News. All rights reserved!