Latest News
Afghanistan launches investigation into Iranian border massacre claims
The Islamic Emirate confirmed late Wednesday it has initiated an investigation into allegations that over 200 Afghan migrants were shot dead on the Iran-Afghanistan border by Iranian military forces on Sunday.
Zabihullah Mujahid, the Islamic Emirate’s spokesman, said in a post on X that “various governmental bodies and diplomatic missions of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan have initiated comprehensive investigations into the matter.
“As the incident is reported to have occurred beyond Afghanistan’s borders, the available information remains unverified. A conclusive decision will be made following a thorough clarification of the facts,” he said.
On Tuesday, an Iranian-based human rights organization, Haalvsh, claimed Iranian forces had gunned down at least 260 Afghan migrants near the Kalgan Saravan region in Iran’s Sistan and Baluchestan province on Sunday evening.
According to Haalvsh, survivors of the shooting described horror scenes when Iranian military forces targeted the group.
Haalvsh reported that two survivors said there had been a group of about 300 migrants trying to cross the border when they were shot at and targeted with RPGs.
Iran’s special envoy and ambassador to Kabul, Hassan Kazemi Qomi, has however rejected the claims and said the report is “untrue”.
He said late Wednesday: “The results of direct follow-ups from reliable sources show that the news about the deaths of dozens of illegal citizens at the border of Saravan is not true.”
He stated that preventing the entry of illegal immigrants is the responsibility of Iran’s border forces. Iran is committed to returning Afghan refugees and in this matter, it acts according to international treaties, he added.
The UN’s Special Rapporteur for Afghanistan Richard Bennett also responded to the claims and said: “I’m seriously concerned about reports of injuries & deaths of Afghans in Iran’s Saravan border area and I call for authorities to investigate transparently.
“Clarity is urgently needed. These reports don’t stand in isolation. More dignity & safety is needed for Afghans worldwide,” he said.
Haalvsh said dozens were also wounded.
“On Sunday evening, dozens of Afghan citizens were targeted by direct fire and RPGs by the Islamic Republic’s military forces who were ambushed in advance at the Kalgan-Saravan border. As a result, dozens of these migrants were killed and dozens more injured,” the organization stated.
Latest News
Qatari ambassador pledges support for restoring Afghanistan’s historical archives
Latest News
Afghan authorities warn companies over work visa fraud
Afghanistan’s Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs says it has summoned representatives of travel agencies over allegations of illegally issuing work visas to Turkey and other countries through black market networks.
According to the ministry, company officials were asked to provide written commitments stating that they would no longer collect money from people under the pretext of obtaining work visas and would fully cooperate with authorities in investigating public complaints.
The ministry also warned the companies against engaging in any illegal activities related to overseas employment visas and said action would be taken against violators.
At the same time, citizens were urged not to fall victim to fraud or false promises and to avoid handing over money or personal documents to unauthorized individuals or companies claiming to arrange foreign work visas.
Latest News
Afghan hajj minister arrives in Saudi Arabia to oversee services for pilgrims
-
Business5 days agoChinese and Uzbek investors express interest in Afghanistan’s mining sector
-
Regional3 days agoRevised Iranian proposal to end war shared with US, Pakistani source says
-
Latest News4 days agoAfghanistan, China discuss Wakhan Corridor cooperation and future infrastructure projects
-
Sport4 days agoCanada aim for historic first World Cup win on home soil in 2026
-
Sport5 days agoAfghanistan, Kyrgyzstan play out stalemate in CAFA U-20 Championship
-
Regional4 days agoPakistan deploys jet squadron, thousands of troops to Saudi Arabia during Iran war
-
Health4 days agoAfghanistan launches second nationwide polio vaccination campaign of 2026
-
Sport3 days agoMexico City Stadium to host opening match of FIFA World Cup 2026
