Connect with us

Latest News

Bamyan Explosion Targets Women Police Vehicle

Published

on

Last Updated on: October 25, 2022

Breaking English

A vehicle of female police hit a roadside mine in the central province of Bamyan Saturday morning, officials said.

The explosion took place around 8am Saturday morning and no report of possible causalities exists so far.

Located in the center of Afghanistan, Bamyan is one of the safe provinces of Afghanistan where very less militants presence witnessed after the fall of Taliban regime.

Further details on the explosion will be provided as soon as it is available.

Advertisement

Latest News

Two children killed, mother injured in unexploded ordnance blast in Helmand

The two children were killed instantly, while their mother sustained serious injuries and was transferred for medical treatment.

Published

on

Two children were killed and their mother seriously injured after an unexploded device detonated inside their home in southern Helmand Province, local officials said on Wednesday.

According to Nasir Ahmad Mahajer, spokesperson for the Helmand police command, the incident occurred at around 9:00 a.m. in the village of Kala Sabz in Khanashin District.

Officials said the children had reportedly brought an unidentified object into the house. While preparing tea, the device was placed into a fire, triggering a powerful explosion.

The two children were killed instantly, while their mother sustained serious injuries and was transferred for medical treatment.

Authorities have once again warned residents against touching or handling suspicious objects, stressing that unexploded ordnance remains a major danger in areas affected by years of conflict.

Continue Reading

Latest News

India announce squads for Afghanistan Test and ODI series

Veteran batters Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma remain key figures in India’s ODI setup as selectors gradually shape the squad for the next World Cup cycle.

Published

on

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced India’s Test and ODI squads for the upcoming series against Afghanistan, with Shubman Gill set to captain both sides.

The series, scheduled for June, includes a one-off Test match and a three-match ODI series and is being viewed as an important step in India’s preparations for a busy international calendar.

Selectors largely retained a familiar core of experienced players while also rewarding several younger talents following strong performances in IPL 2026.

The squad announcement came amid discussions surrounding workload management for key players, including fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah, as well as the leadership role of wicketkeeper-batter Rishabh Pant.

According to reports, chief selector Ajit Agarkar and BCCI officials also considered the importance of the Afghanistan series in shaping India’s plans for the ongoing World Test Championship cycle and the 2027 ODI World Cup.

Despite the one-off Test not carrying World Test Championship points, India named a strong batting lineup as the team management looks to build momentum ahead of a demanding Test season later this year, including overseas tours and the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

Veteran batters Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma remain key figures in India’s ODI setup as selectors gradually shape the squad for the next World Cup cycle.

India’s Test squad for the Afghanistan series includes Shubman Gill as captain, with Yashasvi Jaiswal, KL Rahul, Sai Sudharsan, Rishabh Pant, Devdutt Padikkal, Nitish Kumar Reddy, Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav and Mohammed Siraj among those selected.

The ODI squad also features Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Hardik Pandya, Shreyas Iyer and Ishan Kishan.

The one-off Test match between India and Afghanistan will be played from June 6 to 10 at the MYS International Cricket Stadium in Mullanpur, New Chandigarh.

The ODI series will begin on June 14 in Dharamsala, followed by matches in Lucknow on June 17 and Chennai on June 20.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Fazlur Rehman says Pakistan’s Afghanistan policy has failed

He said issues between Afghanistan and Pakistan should be resolved through political dialogue and diplomacy rather than the use of force.

Published

on

Pakistani religious and political leader Fazlur Rehman has said Islamabad’s long-standing interventionist approach toward Afghanistan has failed and contributed to growing mistrust between the two neighboring countries.

Speaking at a press conference in Karachi, the chief of Pakistan’s Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam party said Pakistan had at times supported Afghan governments and at other times opposed them, describing the policy as unsuccessful.

He said issues between Afghanistan and Pakistan should be resolved through political dialogue and diplomacy rather than the use of force.

Without naming specific groups, Fazlur Rehman also criticized what he described as failed state policies, saying that even groups once regarded as close to Pakistan are now acting against the country.

He called for serious diplomatic and political engagement to address ongoing disputes between Kabul and Islamabad, including trade, border management, refugee issues and security concerns.

His remarks come amid continued tensions between Afghanistan and Pakistan over clashes, mutual security accusations and Pakistan’s deportation of Afghan refugees.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2025 Ariana News. All rights reserved!