Afghan Journalist Safety Committee has said that that violence against journalists has increased by 60 percent in recent months.
The committee warned that if this situation continues the freedom of speech will be in a serious danger.
They added that most of some of the powerful and security officials are also involved in violence against newsmen in the country.
The committee noted that the main registered cases of violence against journalists include murder, death threats, torturing, kidnapping and some others.
At least 68 cases of violence including 5 murders were recorded in the first 6 months of the current year, the committee added.
A number of journalists in the country are also concern over the increasing of violence against journalists.
IEA’s education minister asks students to use social media to fight Western propaganda war
Nada Mohammad Nadim, the Minister of Higher Education of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA), said in a meeting with students of public and private educational institutions in the eastern zone of the country, they must use social media in the fight against the propaganda war run by the West and “not let them achieve their evil goals”.
During his trip to Nangarhar province, Nadim called on the students to unite and asked them to serve their people and country through their future professions.
Addressing the students, he said that “the future of the country and freeing it from economic dependence on others is your responsibility, and to fulfill this responsibility, make more efforts in acquiring science and knowledge.”
Also, the minister of higher education pointed out the intellectual warfare of the West and asked them to work for the strengthening of their system and not to fall prey to the conspiracies of foreigners.
He has also assured students and professors of the country that the ministry will try to solve the problems and create a better educational environment by using what facilities they have available.
At least 9 killed in Nangarhar exchange market explosion
A number of civilians were wounded in an explosion in a money exchange market on Tuesday in Nangarhar province.
The blast occurred in District 1 of Jalalabad city, center of Nangarhar province at 14:00 pm local time at a money exchange market, the provincial governor’s media office said.
According to the office at least six people were wounded in the explosion.
Sources in Nangarhar provincial hospital told Ariana News that nine people were wounded and transferred to hospital.
The explosion occurred during the bidding process, a source said.
Security officials have started investigations into the incident, the provincial media office said.
This comes after at least nine people were killed and eight others were wounded in a blast on an oil company bus on Tuesday morning in Mazar-e-Sharif city of Balkh province.
So far no group has claimed responsibility for the blasts.
Eight killed in Balkh explosion
At least eight people were killed when a bus, carrying employees of an oil company, was bombed in northern Balkh province, police said on Tuesday.
“Today around 7 a.m. a road side mine blast took place in District 3 of Mazar-e-Sharif city on a bus, which belonged to Hairatan Oil employees,” said Mohammad Asif Wazeri, police spokesman for northern Balkh province, adding that at least nine people were also wounded in the explosion.
But the public health of Balkh province is talking about the increase of victims.
Najibullah Tawana, head of Balkh public health, says that eight people were killed and nine wounded have been taken to hospital after today’s explosion. One person is critical, he said.
It was not immediately clear who was behind the blast.
This comes after at least six people were wounded in an explosion on Saturday in Nangarhar’s Jalalabad city that also caused serious damage to shops and businesses in the area.
One of the shops damaged in this explosion was that of Gul Charan – the city’s only Sikh resident.
According to local officials, the incident is being investigated.
The security officials of Jalalabad meanwhile say the explosion was caused by an IED embedded in a flowerpot.
The residents of the city have called on the Islamic Emirate to prevent such events in the future.
So far, no group or individual has claimed responsibility for the explosion.
Another cotton processing factory established in Kandahar: officials
US puts sanctions on Turkish businessman, citing links to Iran’s Quds Force
Japan, Britain and Italy to build joint jet fighter
US climate envoy John Kerry welcomes move to hold COP28 in UAE
FIFA World Cup trophy: a golden icon
Afghanistan beat Iran 1-0 in CAFA U-14 Championship
Afghanistan’s central bank gets shipment of new banknotes
China announces zero-tariff for Afghan products
Takhar police confirm explosion but no casualties reported
MTN finalizes sale of Afghanistan division to Beirut firm for $35 million
Tahawol: IEA welcomes India-Central Asia meeting of NSAs
Saar: Afghanistan-Russia relations discussed
Tahawol: US envoy’s meeting with IEA defense minister discussed
Saar: Uzbekistan’s policy on Afghanistan discussed
Tahawol: New Delhi hosting India-Central Asia meeting of NSAs
Balkh3 days ago
Eight killed in Balkh explosion
Latest News5 days ago
Six injured in Saturday’s blast in Jalalabad city
Business5 days ago
Afghanistan exports goods worth $1.2 billion
Latest News3 days ago
Japan gives over $106 million in aid to Afghanistan
Latest News4 days ago
Migration to Germany to hit 1.2 million in 2022: report
Latest News5 days ago
Hamid Karzai left country out of necessity: IEA
Sport5 days ago
Saturday’s Matches: Lionel Messi plays in 1,000th career match
COVID-194 days ago
Scientist involved with Wuhan lab says COVID has been ‘biggest cover up in history’