Connect with us

Latest News

NATO Stresses On Its Timely Withdraw From Afghanistan

Published

on

Last Updated on: October 24, 2022

Jens Stoltenberg, the Secretary-General of NATO, in the ASPEN Security Forum stresses that the NATO forces are to train the Afghan forces and will leave Afghanistan in a suitable time.

Mr. Stoltenberg Says that NATO will not stay in Afghanistan longer than it’s needed.

He adds that NATO is trying to train the Afghan forces so that they themselves be able to secure the stability in Afghanistan.

Mr. Stoltenberg stresses that all the NATO allies are involved in the peace talks.

“We went together to Afghanistan and we leave together. We will decide on the future presence in Afghanistan together,” said Mr. Stoltenberg.

This comes as the foreigner forces withdrawal from Afghanistan has been one of the main preconditions of the Taliban in the peace talks with the U.S.

However, the U.S. government has stressed that it will not withdraw its troops unless a peace agreement is achieved.

Latest News

Afghanistan seizes large cache of weapons at Torkham

Published

on

Authorities in Nangarhar say the provincial Intelligence Directorate has intercepted a large cache of weapons and ammunition concealed inside a vehicle carrying returnees from Pakistan at the Torkham crossing.

According to Ghulam Rahman Haidari, the deputy governor of Nangarhar, intelligence forces recovered 525 weapons along with thousands of rounds of ammunition. He said the weapons had been “skillfully hidden” in different compartments of the vehicle.

Two individuals have been detained in connection with the discovery.

The seized cache includes 497 pistols, one Kalashnikov, 10 M4 rifles, and 17 ‘Titko’-type weapons, Haidari said.

The deputy governor described the incident as the work of “certain malicious groups” and emphasized that security forces will not allow the stability of the province to be undermined.

He added that, moving forward, no Pakistani vehicle will be permitted to travel beyond the Omari camp checkpoint, and returnees will be transported to their home areas by the Islamic Emirate at its own expense.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Afghanistan vows retaliation after Pakistan launches air strikes

Published

on

The Ministry of National Defense of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan said on Sunday that the Pakistani military once again violated Afghanistan’s airspace by carrying out airstrikes in Nangarhar and Paktika provinces.

In a statement, the Ministry said the strikes targeted a religious madrasa and several civilian homes, resulting in civilian casualties, including women and children.

The Ministry “strongly condemned” the airstrikes, calling them a clear breach of Afghanistan’s national sovereignty, as well as a violation of international law, Islamic principles, and the norms of neighborly relations.

The statement reaffirmed that safeguarding the country’s sovereignty and protecting its population are both religious obligations and national duties of Afghanistan’s defense forces. It warned that a “measured and appropriate response” would be taken at a suitable time.

The ministry also argued that attacks on civilian areas and religious institutions demonstrate what they described as failures in Pakistan’s intelligence and security apparatus, adding that such actions cannot conceal Islamabad’s internal shortcomings.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Over 365 women-related cases resolved in past month: Virtue Ministry

Published

on

The Ministry for the Propagation of Virtue and Prevention of Vice (MPVPV) said in a statement that over the past month, it has handled 368 cases related to women’s religious rights.

According to the statement, the ministry also arrested 30 alleged sorcerers, resolved 175 cases of disputes and conflicts, held 743 meetings with traders, and conducted 1,304 reformative sessions with religious scholars and various segments of society.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2025 Ariana News. All rights reserved!