Connect with us

Latest News

Afghan airlines must globally standardize to off EU blacklist

Published

on

Last Updated on: October 25, 2022

Taransport    _11_06_2015_DARI_SOT.avi_snapshot_01.15_[2015.06.11_16.12.29]

Mapping out the first 100 day plan, the minister of transport and aviation said that the Afghan airlines must globally standardize to remove from the black list of European Union (EU).

Muhammadullah Batash, minister of transport and aviation declared that the issue caused all efforts to end ban of EU airspace fail.

The European Union has banned all Afghan airlines from flying into European airspace since 2010 because of the country’s failure to set up a proper safety regime.

The updated EU blacklist includes 276 carriers — mostly cargo companies — certified in 19 nations, with many of them in Africa. Others are in Indonesia, the Caucasus, the Philippines, Cambodia and Surinam.

Afghan airlines are now looking at ways around the ban, such as leasing better aircraft or buying overseas operators to run their fleet while being overseen by a credible regulator.

“The inability in measuring companies caused the ban not remove after 5 years,” Batash said.

According to him, Inaccuracies in the contracts of the Ministry caused the Transport of Afghanistan’s remains dependent to the neighboring countries.

The establishment of good governance, the rule of Transport, design and development of transport sector policy, a strategic plan for five years, setting the city’s public transport, reviewing the situation of buses, creating a transparent system of revenue collection of transportation, building transport terminals and creation of an electronic management include in the 100 hundred day plan of the ministry of transport.

 

 

Reported by Lida Neiazi

Advertisement

Latest News

105 Afghan detainees released from Pakistani prisons and repatriated

The consulate said the released Afghans were transferred back to Afghanistan via the Chaman–Spin Boldak crossing.

Published

on

The Consulate of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan in Karachi has announced the release and repatriation of 105 Afghan nationals from prisons in Pakistan.

According to a statement issued by the consulate, the freed individuals include two women and ten children. They had been detained around one month ago while traveling through Pakistan’s Sindh and Balochistan provinces.

The consulate said the released Afghans were transferred back to Afghanistan via the Chaman–Spin Boldak crossing.

Officials noted that this is part of ongoing diplomatic efforts, adding that in recent months hundreds of Afghan citizens held in detention in various countries have been released and returned home following negotiations by Afghan diplomatic missions.

The consulate reaffirmed its commitment to continuing efforts aimed at protecting the rights of Afghan nationals abroad and facilitating their safe return to the country.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Iran would prevail in potential conflict with the United States, says IEA spokesman

Published

on

Zabihullah Mujahid, spokesperson for the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA), said that in the event of a possible conflict between Iran and the United States, Iran would have the capacity to emerge victorious.

Speaking in an interview with Iran Radio, he emphasized that the Islamic Emirate does not support war, but believes that “the Islamic Republic of Iran was ultimately successful the last time it faced an attack, and this time as well due to its capabilities and its legitimate right to self-defense” it would have the upper hand.

Mujahid added that, if formally requested, Afghans are prepared “to the extent of their ability” to cooperate with the Iranian people in addressing the potential consequences of such a conflict.

Despite talks to see if a nuclear deal can be struck, Washington is amassing military forces in the region. 

Iranian officials have warned that Tehran would retaliate by targeting U.S. military bases in the region.

 
Continue Reading

Latest News

Islamabad mosque attack is the result of Pakistan’s policy of nurturing Daesh: Mujahid

Published

on

Zabihullah Mujahid, spokesperson for the Islamic Emirate, says the recent attack on a mosque in Islamabad was the consequence of Pakistan’s longstanding policy of “nurturing Daesh.”

The attack, carried out over a week ago, killed 31 people and injured 170 others.

In an interview with Iran Radio, Mujahid stated: “Daesh is an enemy like a snake; if you raise it in your sleeve, it will eventually bite you.”

He argued that Pakistan’s instrumental use of Daesh for “covert and intelligence-driven objectives” harms not only the people of Pakistan but also has negative repercussions for the people of Afghanistan.

Mujahid once again rejected allegations that the Islamic Emirate supports Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP). He emphasized that no unauthorized armed individual is allowed to operate inside Afghanistan. According to him, the Islamic Emirate had expressed readiness to facilitate the return of “Waziristani migrants,” but Pakistan declined the offer. Instead, at Pakistan’s request, these families were relocated from areas near the Durand Line to other parts of Afghanistan.

Mujahid added that crossing closures have harmed traders in both countries, though he claimed Pakistan has suffered more. He said the crossings will not be reopened unless Pakistan provides a “guarantee” that it will not repeatedly close them due to political considerations.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2025 Ariana News. All rights reserved!