Connect with us

Latest News

Afghanistan harvested 40 metric tons of saffron last year: Agriculture ministry

Published

on

Ghulam Mohammad Kazim Shahamat, spokesman for the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation, and Livestock, says saffron cultivation and production is on the rise in Afghanistan, with output reaching 40 metric tons last year and efforts to further expand the sector ongoing.

According to Shahamat, effective steps have been taken to promote the cultivation and production of saffron in the country.

He emphasized that saffron is one of Afghanistan’s key export commodities, and for that reason, practical and technical support to farmers continues.

“According to the Ministry of Agriculture’s statistics, in the year 1403 [solar year], the total area under saffron cultivation in 30 provinces of the country reached 9,500 hectares. From these fields, approximately 40 metric tons of saffron were harvested in total, with Herat province leading the way, producing 90 percent of the country’s total saffron yield,” he added.

According to data from the Ministry of Industry and Commerce, Afghanistan exported saffron worth $39 million last year. However, this figure represents an 8 percent decrease compared to the previous year.

Meanwhile, some experts have said that the expansion of saffron cultivation not only creates job opportunities for the people but also strengthens the national economy.

Meanwhile, industry stakeholders are calling on the Islamic Emirate to make greater efforts in marketing Afghan saffron.

Some economic analysts believe that before focusing on the cultivation and production of agricultural goods, the government should prioritize marketing strategies so that products can quickly reach markets after harvest and farmers do not incur losses.

Afghan saffron is exported to countries such as India, Spain, Saudi Arabia, the United States, the United Arab Emirates, France, Australia, Turkey, and several others. However, financial restrictions and the lack of direct trade relations with the world have also negatively affected this sector.

Latest News

Blast at Kabul school injures at least 52

Published

on

An explosion at a school in Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul, on Monday injured at least 52 people, according to sources.

The blast, caused by a hand grenade, occurred at around 4:55 p.m. at Sham-e Hedayat Private School in Mahdiya Township, located in Kabul’s 18th security district.

According to sources, the grenade was in the hands of a student when it exploded.

 

Continue Reading

Latest News

Juma Khan Fateh surrenders to IEA forces in Badakhshan

According to the sources, Fateh’s remaining associates are expected to be disarmed, while IEA forces are set to establish full control over the area.

Published

on

Juma Khan Fateh and his forces have surrendered to the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) in Nusay district of Badakhshan province following several days of pressure and encirclement, security sources told Ariana News.

Sources said increasing pressure on Fateh’s group left them with no option but to surrender. Fateh and his fighters reportedly laid down their weapons at positions held by IEA forces in Nusay.

Qari Fasihuddin Fitrat, the IEA’s Army Chief of Staff, had travelled to Nusay to oversee the situation and the operation against Fateh’s group.

According to the sources, Fateh’s remaining associates are expected to be disarmed, while IEA forces are set to establish full control over the area.

The reported surrender marks the latest development in the security situation in Nusay, although further details about the terms of the surrender and the number of fighters involved were not immediately available.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Afghanistan Supreme Court says rights of almost 119,000 women addressed over five years

The courts also handled 8,904 cases related to women’s maintenance and other associated rights, according to Hamza.

Published

on

Afghanistan’s Supreme Court says the country’s courts have addressed the legal and Sharia-based rights of 118,869 women over the past five years.

Mansoor Ahmad Hamza, deputy spokesman for the Supreme Court, said the cases covered a range of issues, including inheritance, property, maintenance, documentation and other legal matters.

Hamza said courts handled 12,976 cases involving women’s inheritance and property rights during the five-year period. Another 9,021 inheritance-related cases were registered for information gathering and review.

He added that 18,750 cases involving the registration, verification and certification of women’s property and related documents were addressed, while 22,703 cases concerned the processing of inheritance and property documents.

The courts also handled 8,904 cases related to women’s maintenance and other associated rights, according to Hamza.

He said inheritance, property, dowry, maintenance and other rights granted to women under Islamic Sharia are recognized as established rights, and that courts are required to examine such cases carefully and impartially in accordance with Sharia and applicable laws.

Hamza added that judicial proceedings involving women’s rights will continue, with the aim of ensuring that eligible individuals receive their legal and religious rights and preventing those rights from being denied or lost.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Ariana News. All rights reserved!