Latest News
Afghanistan’s rail transport grows over 18 percent this year: MoPW
The Ministry of Public Works has announced that since the beginning of the current Solar Hijri year (1404), the volume of rail transportation in Afghanistan has increased by more than 18 percent.
Officials from the ministry said that the amount of cargo transported this year has reached more than 2.3 million tons, representing an increase of over 18 percent compared to the same period last year.
They added that efforts are underway to implement railway development projects within the country so that Afghanistan, in addition to using railways for international transport, can also use them for domestic transportation.
Mohammad Ashraf Haqshenas, spokesman for the Ministry of Public Works, said: “The volume of transportation during the first eight months of this year shows an 18.43 percent increase compared to last year, with the highest level of transportation occurring in the past two months.”
Meanwhile, members of the private sector are calling on the Ministry of Public Works to expand its efforts to develop railway lines in the country so that Afghanistan’s exports can reach regional and global markets on a large scale and at reasonable costs.
However, economic experts said that if the rail transportation system in Afghanistan is expanded, there will be a significant increase in the export of the country’s mineral and industrial products, in addition to agricultural products.
These experts have urged the Ministry of Public Works to expand the standardization and innovation of the country’s transit infrastructure so that Afghanistan can become a regional transit hub.
Latest News
Afghan commerce minister meets Uzbek deputy prime minister in Termez
Afghanistan’s Minister of Industry and Commerce, Nooruddin Azizi, met with Uzbekistan’s Deputy Prime Minister Jamshed Khojaev in the city of Termez to discuss expanding economic cooperation and joint investment.
The meeting, held on Saturday at the Termez Trade Center, focused on cooperation in the electricity, mining and agriculture sectors, Afghanistan’s Ministry of Industry and Commerce said in a statement.
Uzbek officials expressed interest in investing in various sectors in Afghanistan. The Afghan delegation welcomed the interest and emphasized its readiness to create the necessary conditions for expanding economic cooperation and joint investment.
Mohammad Yousuf Wafa, governor of Balkh, and Abdul Ghaffar Bahr, Afghanistan’s ambassador to Tashkent, also attended the meeting.
Latest News
UN deputy chief: Afghan women and girls must not be abandoned
Its spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid, has said the government remains committed to ensuring women’s rights in accordance with Sharia and that there is no cause for concern.
UN Deputy Secretary-General Amina Mohammed has called on the international community to continue supporting Afghan women and girls, saying they must not be abandoned as restrictions on their rights persist.
In a message marking the fifth anniversary of the Islamic Emirate’s return to power, Mohammed said Afghan women and girls continue to bear the burden of restrictions while their hopes and aspirations for the future remain on hold.
“Afghan women must not be left behind,” she said, stressing the importance of supporting their efforts to build a better future.
The Islamic Emirate, however, maintains that women’s rights are protected within the framework of Islamic Sharia.
Its spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid, has said the government remains committed to ensuring women’s rights in accordance with Sharia and that there is no cause for concern.
Afghan analysts and activists say disagreements between Kabul and the international community over women’s and girls’ rights remain a major obstacle to improving Afghanistan’s relations with the outside world.
The comments come as the United Nations and other international organizations continue to cite restrictions on women and girls as a major challenge facing Afghanistan, while urging countries to maintain support for programs benefiting Afghan women and girls.
Latest News
IEA’s leader: We will not accept ‘un-Islamic’ demands
The supreme leader made the remarks on Saturday evening during a gathering at Kandahar’s military airfield.
Islamic Emirate leader Sheikh Hibatullah Akhundzada says he will not accept what he described as “un-Islamic” demands, stressing his commitment to what he called the religious and divine rights of the Afghan people.
According to a statement from the Kandahar Information and Culture Directorate, the supreme leader made the remarks on Saturday evening during a gathering at Kandahar’s military airfield.
He again called for unity and obedience, urging Afghans not to be influenced by what he described as “malicious propaganda” by the country’s enemies.
A number of senior civilian and military officials from Kandahar also attended the gathering.
-
Latest News3 days agoHesabPay unveils new visa card and digital payment app in Kabul
-
International Sports3 days agoAFC Champions League Elite draw nears as Al-Nassr seeded above Al-Hilal
-
Sport4 days agoAfghanistan to host India for three-match T20I series in Delhi
-
Latest News3 days agoAfghan envoy invites Fazlur Rehman to embassy event marking IEA’s return to power
-
Sport4 days agoAfghanistan face Ireland with series win in sight
-
World4 days agoUS military operations killed 153 civilians in 2025, Pentagon assessment shows
-
Sport4 days agoKabul Premier League: Abasin Defenders thrash Band-e Amir Stars by 163 runs
-
Regional3 days agoIran says no progress on reviving interim peace deal with US
