Connect with us

Latest News

Mohib discusses regional security with Iranian officials while in Tehran

Published

on

Afghanistan’s National Security Advisor Hamdullah Mohib met with Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif on Tuesday after a meeting earlier in the day with his Iranian counterpart Ali Shamkhani, where the two discussed issues of mutual interest and security concerns relating to the region.
 
During his meeting with Zarif, Mohib discussed issues of mutual interest, as well as the Afghan peace process, and the latest developments in the region.
 
Mohib and his accompanying delegation, arrived in Tehran on Tuesday for a one-day visit.
 
During his earlier meeting, Shamkhani told Mohib that “Afghanistan has a special place in the foreign policy of Iran due to the many commonalities and ties between the two nations.”
 
According to Mehr News Agency, Shamkhani raised the issue of “common threats and interests” of the two countries on various issues, especially the issue of the spread of terrorism and the need to establish stability and security in the region.
 
He reportedly stressed Iran’s strong support for the legitimate government of Afghanistan and the need to increase cooperation and interaction between Tehran and Kabul in various political, economic and security fields.
 
Mehr News Agency stated Shamkhani also highlighted that “the United States has stepped up its insecurity in the West Asian region over the past year by the cowardly assassination of senior counterterrorism commanders Lietenant General Qassem Soleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis”.
 
“The Islamic Republic of Iran is determined to take hard revenge on the perpetrators of this historic crime in order to prevent the continuation of terrorist and anti-security acts of the United States and its agents and to force them to leave the region,” Shamkhani said.
 
Mohib in turn reiterated Afghanistan’s readiness to expand cooperation and interaction with Iran.
 
“The government and people of Afghanistan have always appreciated the kindness, help and support of Iran and Iranians,” he said.
 
According to Mehr, Mohib also delivered a report on the progress of Afghanistan peace talks and said: “Unfortunately, despite the agreements signed between the United States and the Taliban, the group’s attacks and destructive actions have not only not decreased, but have also increased.”
 
“The Taliban tried to impose their terms and force the Afghan government to surrender by abusing the agreement with the United States, but we resisted their demands by emphasizing our principled and legal positions,” he said.

Latest News

Juma Khan Fateh surrenders to IEA forces in Badakhshan

According to the sources, Fateh’s remaining associates are expected to be disarmed, while IEA forces are set to establish full control over the area.

Published

on

Juma Khan Fateh and his forces have surrendered to the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) in Nusay district of Badakhshan province following several days of pressure and encirclement, security sources told Ariana News.

Sources said increasing pressure on Fateh’s group left them with no option but to surrender. Fateh and his fighters reportedly laid down their weapons at positions held by IEA forces in Nusay.

Qari Fasihuddin Fitrat, the IEA’s Army Chief of Staff, had travelled to Nusay to oversee the situation and the operation against Fateh’s group.

According to the sources, Fateh’s remaining associates are expected to be disarmed, while IEA forces are set to establish full control over the area.

The reported surrender marks the latest development in the security situation in Nusay, although further details about the terms of the surrender and the number of fighters involved were not immediately available.

Fateh is a former IEA commander who became a dissident figure amid tensions with the Islamic Emirate’s leadership. He previously served as deputy governor of Zabul province before being removed from the position in June 2026. He later returned to Badakhshan and maintained an armed group in Nusay district.

Tensions between Fateh’s group and IEA forces escalated in August, with clashes reported in and around Nusay. The IEA deployed additional forces to the area, while Fateh’s fighters came under increasing pressure as government forces moved to encircle their positions. The confrontation also raised concerns because of Nusay’s proximity to the Tajikistan border.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Afghanistan Supreme Court says rights of almost 119,000 women addressed over five years

The courts also handled 8,904 cases related to women’s maintenance and other associated rights, according to Hamza.

Published

on

Afghanistan’s Supreme Court says the country’s courts have addressed the legal and Sharia-based rights of 118,869 women over the past five years.

Mansoor Ahmad Hamza, deputy spokesman for the Supreme Court, said the cases covered a range of issues, including inheritance, property, maintenance, documentation and other legal matters.

Hamza said courts handled 12,976 cases involving women’s inheritance and property rights during the five-year period. Another 9,021 inheritance-related cases were registered for information gathering and review.

He added that 18,750 cases involving the registration, verification and certification of women’s property and related documents were addressed, while 22,703 cases concerned the processing of inheritance and property documents.

The courts also handled 8,904 cases related to women’s maintenance and other associated rights, according to Hamza.

He said inheritance, property, dowry, maintenance and other rights granted to women under Islamic Sharia are recognized as established rights, and that courts are required to examine such cases carefully and impartially in accordance with Sharia and applicable laws.

Hamza added that judicial proceedings involving women’s rights will continue, with the aim of ensuring that eligible individuals receive their legal and religious rights and preventing those rights from being denied or lost.

Continue Reading

Latest News

China’s special envoy for Afghanistan visits Türkiye, Pakistan and Afghanistan

According to China’s Foreign Ministry, Yue held consultations in Türkiye with Cihad Erginay, Director General for South Asia at the Turkish Foreign Ministry, discussing issues of mutual interest.

Published

on

China’s Special Envoy for Afghanistan Affairs Yue Xiaoyong visited Türkiye, Pakistan and Afghanistan from July 30 to August 8, 2026, as Beijing continues diplomatic engagement on regional issues.

According to China’s Foreign Ministry, Yue held consultations in Türkiye with Cihad Erginay, Director General for South Asia at the Turkish Foreign Ministry, discussing issues of mutual interest.

During his visits to Pakistan and Afghanistan, Yue also held talks with officials from both countries on ways to improve and develop relations between Kabul and Islamabad.

China did not provide further details about the discussions.

The visit comes as relations between Afghanistan and Pakistan remain strained by ongoing security and political tensions, with both sides facing challenges in their bilateral ties.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Ariana News. All rights reserved!