Latest News
Over 400 ANDSF killed, wounded in past one week
In the past week, 422 Afghan National Defense and Security personnel have been killed or wounded in more than 200 Taliban attacks in 29 provinces of Afghanistan, the Interior Ministry confirms.
Following the three-day ceasefire over Eid, an unannounced ceasefire was reached between government forces and the Taliban. But the Afghan government is not happy with the Taliban’s actions.
The interior ministry has said that the Taliban had carried out 222 military operations in the past week, killing or injuring hundreds of troopers.
“Last week, there were 222 movements in 29 provinces in Afghanistan, killing and injuring 422 members of the security and defense forces,” said Tariq Arian, a spokesman for the Ministry of Interior.
The office of the National Security Council also said that both the level of violence by the Taliban and the casualties had risen.
“The casualties have not diminished, the violence has not reduced, the Taliban have intensified their attacks, and they have not tried their best to make peace, and they are still trying to fight,” said Jawid Faisal, a spokesman for the National Security Council.
According to security figures, after the Doha agreement between the United States and the Taliban, the Taliban have carried out more than 3,500 attacks in more than 100 days, including more than eight suicide attacks.
“In most of the provinces compared to the past, the Taliban have increased attacks, damaged public facilities and caused civilian casualties,” said Sayed Shah Saqim, a spokesman for the Independent Directorate of Local Governance.
The government also blames the Taliban for the recent killings of religious scholars, but the group has denied involvement in subsequent mosque bombings.
In addition, the Taliban has said they have not been involved in any of the military attacks which have killed civilians.
Latest News
Afghan authorities warn companies over work visa fraud
Afghanistan’s Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs says it has summoned representatives of travel agencies over allegations of illegally issuing work visas to Turkey and other countries through black market networks.
According to the ministry, company officials were asked to provide written commitments stating that they would no longer collect money from people under the pretext of obtaining work visas and would fully cooperate with authorities in investigating public complaints.
The ministry also warned the companies against engaging in any illegal activities related to overseas employment visas and said action would be taken against violators.
At the same time, citizens were urged not to fall victim to fraud or false promises and to avoid handing over money or personal documents to unauthorized individuals or companies claiming to arrange foreign work visas.
Latest News
Afghan hajj minister arrives in Saudi Arabia to oversee services for pilgrims
Latest News
Uzbekistan plans to build new railway line at Nayebabad station
Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, the Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs, met on Thursday in Balkh province with the head of Uzbekistan’s Railway Administration.
According to a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office, Uzbek officials said during the meeting that they plan to build a new 1.5-kilometer railway line at Nayebabad Station along the Hairatan–Mazar-e-Sharif railway route. They also intend to construct several warehouses along the line for loading and unloading goods.
Baradar welcomed the initiative and instructed officials of the Ministry of Public Works to jointly carry out the technical and construction work with the Uzbek side.
The construction of the new railway line and warehouses is expected to increase the capacity of Hairatan Port and provide greater facilities for traders.
-
Business5 days agoChinese and Uzbek investors express interest in Afghanistan’s mining sector
-
Regional3 days agoRevised Iranian proposal to end war shared with US, Pakistani source says
-
Latest News4 days agoAfghanistan, China discuss Wakhan Corridor cooperation and future infrastructure projects
-
Regional5 days agoAzerbaijan hosts record-breaking World Urban Forum in Baku
-
Sport4 days agoCanada aim for historic first World Cup win on home soil in 2026
-
Sport5 days agoAfghanistan, Kyrgyzstan play out stalemate in CAFA U-20 Championship
-
Regional4 days agoPakistan deploys jet squadron, thousands of troops to Saudi Arabia during Iran war
-
International Sports5 days agoIPL 2026: KKR keep playoff hopes alive with high-scoring win over GT
