Latest News
Afghanistan and Uzbekistan FMs discuss bilateral ties and regional cooperation in phone call
Amir Khan Muttaqi, Foreign Minister of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, held a telephone conversation with Bakhtiyor Saidov, Foreign Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan, to review recent developments in bilateral relations and explore opportunities for regional cooperation.
During the call, both sides assessed the progress of Afghanistan-Uzbekistan relations and discussed avenues for strengthening political, economic, and diplomatic engagement.
Muttaqi extended greetings on the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan and emphasized that Afghanistan and Uzbekistan, as neighboring and brotherly countries, share numerous common interests and opportunities in bilateral and regional affairs.
He stressed the importance of joint efforts to capitalize on these opportunities and expressed hope that consultations at senior and mid-level official levels, economic cooperation, and other collaborative initiatives would expand further this year.
Bakhtiyor Saidov welcomed the progress in relations between Kabul and Tashkent and highlighted Uzbekistan’s commitment to deepening engagement with Afghanistan. He also noted significant improvements in trade relations.
In addition, Saidov announced that feasibility studies for the Trans-Afghan Railway Project are expected to begin soon.
The ministers concluded the conversation with detailed discussions on regional developments, upcoming bilateral initiatives, and enhancing cooperation between Afghanistan and Central Asian countries.
Latest News
Nine killed, 35 injured in Afghanistan highway bus crush
A passenger bus overturned on the Badghis–Herat Highway on Sunday, leaving nine people dead and 35 others injured, local officials said.
The incident occurred around 11 a.m. in the Sabzak area of Qala-e-Naw, when a passenger bus traveling from Herat toward the Badghis provincial capital veered off the road and overturned. Police attributed the accident to driver negligence.
According to officials, the victims include women and children. Several of the injured are reported to be in critical condition.
Security personnel helped transport the wounded to nearby medical facilities, while traffic police have opened an investigation into the cause of the crash.
Latest News
Afghanistan seizes large cache of weapons at Torkham
Authorities in Nangarhar say the provincial Intelligence Directorate has intercepted a large cache of weapons and ammunition concealed inside a vehicle carrying returnees from Pakistan at the Torkham crossing.
According to Ghulam Rahman Haidari, the deputy governor of Nangarhar, intelligence forces recovered 525 weapons along with thousands of rounds of ammunition. He said the weapons had been “skillfully hidden” in different compartments of the vehicle.
Two individuals have been detained in connection with the discovery.
The seized cache includes 497 pistols, one Kalashnikov, 10 M4 rifles, and 17 ‘Titko’-type weapons, Haidari said.
The deputy governor described the incident as the work of “certain malicious groups” and emphasized that security forces will not allow the stability of the province to be undermined.
He added that, moving forward, no Pakistani vehicle will be permitted to travel beyond the Omari camp checkpoint, and returnees will be transported to their home areas by the Islamic Emirate at its own expense.
Latest News
Afghanistan vows retaliation after Pakistan launches air strikes
The Ministry of National Defense of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan said on Sunday that the Pakistani military once again violated Afghanistan’s airspace by carrying out airstrikes in Nangarhar and Paktika provinces.
In a statement, the Ministry said the strikes targeted a religious madrasa and several civilian homes, resulting in civilian casualties, including women and children.
The Ministry “strongly condemned” the airstrikes, calling them a clear breach of Afghanistan’s national sovereignty, as well as a violation of international law, Islamic principles, and the norms of neighborly relations.
The statement reaffirmed that safeguarding the country’s sovereignty and protecting its population are both religious obligations and national duties of Afghanistan’s defense forces. It warned that a “measured and appropriate response” would be taken at a suitable time.
The ministry also argued that attacks on civilian areas and religious institutions demonstrate what they described as failures in Pakistan’s intelligence and security apparatus, adding that such actions cannot conceal Islamabad’s internal shortcomings.
-
Latest News5 days agoIEA releases three Pakistani soldiers to mark Ramadan
-
Latest News4 days agoAfghanistan’s Chief of Armed Forces underscores readiness and equipment for national defense
-
Latest News3 days agoAfghanistan welcomes investment and technology partnerships with India
-
Latest News5 days agoGrateful to Afghans and Ulama for obeying the Islamic Emirate, says Hibatullah Akhundzada
-
Sport3 days agoAfghan Peaks founder climbs Aconcagua to promote Afghanistan’s mountain potential
-
Latest News2 days agoIndian customs seize Chinese walnuts falsely declared as Afghan
-
Business3 days agoPakistan allows re-export of stranded Afghan transit cargo
-
Latest News3 days agoPakistan signals possible air strikes as Kabul releases Pakistani soldiers in goodwill move
